Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Starship Troopers - Hopper Bugs

Variety is the spice of life or so I am told, can the same be said of wargaming?
One week Russo-Japanese War, the next week Starship Troopers, at least I have not yet combined them into one project that would be just plain weird....

I picked up a box of these from the now OOP Mongoose line several years ago and their they sat on the shelf until the roll out of the new project. The game promises to be a fun club game, ala Zulu with hordes of bugs rushing across the table looking to close with the the well armed but out numbered Mobile Infantry units, it all goes fine until someone losses their bottle.

Although they are simple in design, they looked like a bugger to paint, all legs and wings, hence lying dormant on the to do pile.
 


Now I may have mentioned on a few forums I was on the look out for bugs, several years after everybody else tired of the project. Then a fellow collector "Ghost Panzer" came to my rescue willing to part with part of his collection to aid my cause. 
All ready painted and tabletop ready....
God bless the internet and paypal....




A lovely paint job and a perfect fit for my own collection, now just the challange of painting my own box set to the same standard and palette.


The Hooper's dwarf my MI and should provide the bug forces with a fast strike force to keep the Federation guessing as they stand off and knock chunks out of regular warrior bugs as they crawl out of their various big holes.


The war for mankind just got a whole lot harder.....

2 comments:

  1. Just started to paint a lot of Arachnids for the game. In going through the arachnid book there was a comment that the color combinations could be just about anything since the arachnids would genetically select the colors of their various warrior types to match the terrain they were in. You were lucky to get the figures you did - they look terrific!
    Jerry
    A/K/A The Celtic Curmudgeon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pleased Jerry, interesting about te colour combination, I might stick to these colour match unless I make a right royal mess of it. :-)
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete