Sunday, December 22, 2013

Brigade Games Sailors - Yet More Russian reinforcements....

A slow month on the painting front and with Christmas just around the corner I am running the risk of missing my painting targets for this year, but I did finish the Naval detachment for the RJW project, based on the crew of the Battleship Retvizan who helped defend Port Arthur.
The figures are from Brigade Games RCW range, but the Infantry fit in fine for the earlier period you just have to ignore the Machine pistols on the officers.



Two sections of Sailors with a Bigman each and Naval Standard


First Section.


2nd Section


The Russian Navy rushes forward to plug the gap, I have used a slightly different shade of blue on their neck ties to identify them on the table top.

  

The inspiration from the guy's at Osprey.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice painting job ! I like the dark blue used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I was not sure at first but they come out ok.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  2. These look great Stuart, I get more and more tempted by this project with every post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on these and I like the different blue on their 'neck ties', it really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need to blood them on the table now Steve.
      Have a great Christmas.
      Stu

      Delete
  4. Great stuff Stuart. Look forward to seeing these on the table sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the Russians needed some help. Good work Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly did.
      I see you have been busy.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete