Thursday, April 11, 2013

Wargaming the RJW 1904 - 1905 Russian Uniforms Part 2

Back in March I posted details of the 1st Russian unit, http://dusttears.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/wargaming-rjw-1904-1905-russian-uniforms.html
The plan was to mix the uniform types for the Russians given the various dyes used by the Russians in the field.

This is this is the second unit, modeled on the 4th East Serbian Regiment, together with two Big Men needed for the Mud & Blood Rules by the Too Fat Lardies.
The bulk of the figures are by Tsuba Miniatures, sculpted by Paul Hicks, however the Officer on the far right is from Musketeer Miniatures WW1 range.



I also completed a casualty base to record shock points for the engaged units. I was a little unsure about the blue shoulder boards on the over coat, but I can always repaint if necessary.
Injured soldier from Tsuba, with the medic from Musketeer.


2 more units needed before the first play test next week.

10 comments:

  1. Great looking figures Stuart, I like the casualty base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ray, still to put them on the table so I guess I will see how the shock base plays out.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are superb Stuart, there is something really tempting by this project - I just love the look of the miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael much like yourself, I just need to find some game time.

      Delete
  4. Looking good, I'm interested to read your AAR when you get a game played.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike, next Sunday with a fair wind.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete
  5. This is going to be a wonderful collection and I look forward to your play test with the Lardies rules.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat, I am hoping to post up the rule amendments shortly.

      Delete
  6. Very, very nice figures and the movement base looks great! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, Warbases for Zombies but it saves moving the one at a time.
      Cheers
      Stu

      Delete